Tomato rice :
Chopped tomatoes - 3
Cooked rice - 1 cup
Curry leaves - 10-12
Dry red chillies - 2
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Jeera seeds - 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
Sambar powder - 1 tbsp
1. Heat a pan, add refined oil. Add the mustard seeds , jeera seeds, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
2. Once they splutter, add the chopped tomatoes and stir.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilly powder and cook on a low flame with lid on.
4. Once they are mushy, add the Sambar powder and cook till done. Add water if masala tends to get dry.
5. Mix the cooked rice and serve.
Walnuts & Grapes RAITA:
Walnuts (halved) - 1/2 cup
Grapes (halved) - 1/2 cup
Curd - 1 cup
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Roasted jeera powder - 1/4 th tsp
1. Whisk the curd with salt and sugar. Add very little water so that consistency is thick enough and not watery .
2. Mix the Walnuts, Grapes, red chilly powder into the whisked curd.
3. Sprinkle little roasted jeera powder.
P.S : this raita is little different from the regular savoury raita and is a little sweet.