Home made brioche & burgers
It's such an amazing feeling when everything turns out just perfect !!! Wanted to make brioche and burgers, and here they are...
Made, "BURGERS WITH BRIOCHE"... everything from scratch...
Home baked soft burgers buns with delicious chicken patties.. simple and yummy...
Home baked brioche buns with burger :
For the brioche :
Maida - 2 cups
Warm water - 80 ml
Lemon juice - (1/2 lemon)
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Active dry yeast - 1.25 tsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
Milk powder - 17.5 gm
Salt - 1 tsp
Burger patties :
Chicken kheema - 200 gm
Chopped onion - 1
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Red chilly powder- 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/4 th tsp
Coriander leaves (chopped) - handful
Boiled & mashed potato - 1 cup
Outer coating :
Oil (to fry)
1. Heat a kadhai with refined oil. Add chopped onion and saute till golden brown.
2. Then add the ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
3. Then add the chopped kheema, powdered masalas and salt. Cook till almost done.
4. Add the coriander leaves and stir. Cook till dry and cool it.
5. Then mix in the mashed potatoes and form patties.
6. Dip them in egg whites and coat them with bread crumbs. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
For the brioche:
1. Mix warm water and sugar together. Add the yeast to it and let it rise.
2. Mix the flour with milk powder and salt in the bowl.
3. Add the lemon juice and milk to the risen yeast mix.
4. Slowly add this mix to the flour and mix slowly while kneading. Add the soft butter to it as well.
5. Knead a soft dough, cover it and let it rise in a warm environment for 1 to 1.5 hrs.
6. Divide the mix into approximately 8 balls.
7. Place them on a greased baking tray and leave it rise for 30 minutes.
8. Brush them with milk and bake them for 5 minutes at 200 degree Celsius in a preheated oven and then decrease the temperature to 180 degree Celsius and bake them for 25 minutes.
1. Cut the buns into halves, apply ketchup on one side and mayo on the other.
2. Place the fried burger patty (deep fry the patties in hot oil), and put a slice of cheese.
3. Then place the onion and tomato slices, place the other half of the bun and serve