A spicy Indian chaat always lightens the mood, isn't it ?? An Indian chaat with a twist...
Presenting "baked Katori chaat ", Yesss... spicy chaat with masala aloo, matar, chutneys anddddd baked Katori... yummmmm.....
Here is the complete recipe as follows :
Baked Katori chaat :
For the Katori :
Flour (maida) - 1.25 cups
Butter - 1/2 cup
Ice water - 3 tbsp
1. Pulsate the cold butter in a blender. Add the flour and pulsate twice. Then add the cold water and pulsate once more, this will give a rough dough.
2. Pour the mixture into a cling film and knead to form a dough. Chill it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
3. Roll out the dough and cut into rounds, place them into the cups of muffin tray and blind bake them with baking beans or rice for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180℃. Cool them.
P.S: Blind baking is just a baking technique, where in you have to place some grease proof paper on top of the raw muffin cups, fill them with rice or baking beans.
This way the pasty cups will not rise and puff ,this to give the Katori shape, and will cook through.
White batana curry :
Boiled white batana - 1/2 cup
Chopped onion - 1
Chopped onion - 1
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Jeera powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder
1. Heat a kadai with oil, then add chopped onions and saute till golden brown.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste, saute for a minute and then add the powdered spices, tomatoes and salt. Cook till masala leaves oil.
3. Add the boiled white batana, water and bring up-to boil. Sprinkle garam masala powder.
Imli chutney :
Tamarind soaked in water
Roasted jeera powder
1. In a pan , heat the tamarind water and the pulp. Add the sugar and little salt. Cook till desired consistency and taste is acquired.
2. Sprinkle roasted jeera powder.
Green chutney :
1. Grind all the above ingredients in a blender with little water. The proportion is according to personal taste.
Curd mixture :
1. Whisk the curd with sugar, salt and water. I like it a bit sweet, so added more sugar compared to salt.
Mashed boiled potatoes (mixed with little red chilly powder and salt)
Chopped coriander leaves
Chaat masala/roasted jeera powder
1. Take the cooled baked Katori, put some mashed potato mixture.
2. Top it with white batana curry.
3.then add the curd mixture, green chutney, Imli ki chutney and sprinkle chopped onions and coriander leaves. Finally sprinkle chaat masala.
4. Them gobble the whole thing in 2 bites.